Wednesday, August 24, 2011
The Week of August 24th, 2011
Though this week only consisted of a short introduction of my fellow students and of the teacher, it was valuable in the fact that I am now at least vaguely aware of the teaching standpoint and perspective of the professor. Each time I walk into a class with a professor that I have not had before, I am nervous as to their expectations and the overall atmosphere of the classroom that the teacher creates. Some teachers, right off the bat, will start with the syllabus and outlining all the assignments, rules, and procedures of the classroom. I appreciated the fact that Professor Cantu took the time to at least briefly explain his teaching philosophy and to learn a little about his students before going into the inner workings of his classroom. I am truly excited to be taking this class to learn how to better implement a variety of methods and strategies in my future social studies classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment